Africa Brooke is a Zimbabwean born writer, speaker, mindset mentor, and advocate living in London, and she's a woman on a mission to get us thinking about holistic self-development, identity, mental health, sober living, sexuality, and all things pleasure.
In this episode, Africa tells her sobriety story—why and how she quit drinking, all the times she failed to stick with it before quitting for good, what helped her in the early months of changing her life, and so much more.
We also dig into a wonderfully honest conversation about sexuality, and Africa shares what she's learned about herself as a sexual being since getting sober. We talk about faking orgasms, tantric sex, and more, and I just absolutely loved how open Africa was throughout it all. I'm so excited for you to get to know her through this conversation as well!
Connect with Africa
Website // Instagram // Cherry Revolution Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Holly Whitaker (season 6 guest)
- Hip Sobriety
- Women's Anatomy of Arousal, by Sheri Winston
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation