Alli Owen is a self-awareness storyteller and life coach.
A recovering people pleaser, she has learned to let go of society's expectations and step into her true self, and she's since been on a mission to help others do the same. On her podcast, Aligned and Alive, she shares stories of her own personal development as well as interviews with others who have carved their own path and defined success on their own terms. Her upcoming book, A Mindful Recipe for Joy, will be published in May 2018.
In this episode, Alli talks honestly and openly about so many things - money, therapy, meditation, and the work she's done to build a healthy marriage with her husband. She also shares the deeply personal story of her experience with acquaintance rape at age 22 and goes into detail about why it took her so long to call it "rape", how owning what happened to her helped in her healing, and why it's so important not to let yourself get trapped in shame and self-blame.
Alli is such a thoughtful, interesting woman and this conversation is definitely one of my favorites. I'm just so grateful for her vulnerability, as well as the universal truths and lessons she's learned and was so willing to share. I hope you get as much from this episode as I did!
Connect with Alli
Website // Facebook // Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Mr Money Mustache
- I Never Called It Rape: The Ms. Report on Recognizing, Fighting, and Surviving Date and Acquaintance Rape, by Robin Warshaw
- Insight Timer app
- Headspace app
- Love Warrior, by Glennon Doyle
- Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation