Andrea Glik, LMSW is a psychotherapist, somatic healer, and sex educator.
Andrea specializes in treating trauma and PTSD for women, survivors, and queer & trans folks, utilizing body based and feminist therapy practices to help clients come home to themselves.
Andrea practices on occupied Lenape territory (colonized as NYC) and can also be found on Instagram @somaticwitch.
In this episode, Andrea gives us a primer on some of the key aspects of her work: attachment styles and somatic healing. We talk about how healing can happen through BDSM and sex, small ways to enhance intimacy and pleasure, and lots more.
Throughout the conversation Andrea shares some wonderfully tangible tools and exercises, which I hope you'll find as useful as I did!
Connect with Andrea
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- 13 Goal-Setting Tips From Mental Health Experts on Instagram
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Pleasure Activism, by adrienne maree brown
- Victoria Albina
- The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy, by Deb Dana
- Deb Dana
- The Book of Delights, by Ross Gay
- Trauma Stewardship, by Laura Van Dernoot Lipsky and Connie Burk
- Bastard Out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to:
- Bonus episodes
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- ... and so much more!
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!