Chelsea VonChaz is a Nonprofit Founder & Activist whose organization, Happy Period, is on a mission to reshape the outlook on menstruation while providing period products to low-income & homeless communities.
In this episode, Chelsea shares the story of how she went from a career in fashion styling to founding her own nonprofit organization to promote menstrual equity. We talk about what she's learned about the lack of access to menstrual products that a lot of folks face, and what ramifications this has on their lives.
Chelsea shares so honestly about how she really didn't know what she was doing when she started this work, and how important it is to just take action for what you believe is right even if you don't have a perfect plan.
I feel so optimistic and fired up after this conversation, and I hope you love it just as much!
Connect with Chelsea
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Lorena documentary
- Sex Education on Netflix
- Hashtag Lunchbag
- Thinx period panties
- Honey Pot Co
- Jennifer Weiss Wolf
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, by Dr. Joy Degruy
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!