Claire Baker is an Australian women’s life coach based in London.
Focusing on the intersection of life coaching and menstrual cycle awareness, Claire facilitates 1:1 coaching sessions, educational online courses and inspiring workshops and retreats.
Known for her playful honesty and ability to ‘make periods fun’, Claire teaches women how to sync their lives with their menstrual cycle. Claire believes that flowing with this natural rhythm is the ‘missing key’ in women’s wellbeing. Her work empowers women to embrace their cycle, claim their self-authority and transform their creative, emotional, sexual, and spiritual self.
In this episode, Claire teaches us about the four different phases of the menstrual cycle. She shares her personal story - everything from the messaging she received about her period while growing up to what happened when she went off hormonal birth control after ten years, and so much more.
We talk about period sex, internalized shame around menstruation, what self-care might look like at each phase of the cycle, and why talking about our periods needs to be way more normalized. She also answers listener questions, continually reminding us that all of our bodies and cycles might be different, but that that's okay, and that it's always worthwhile to get to know ourselves the best we can.
I'm getting so into period tracking myself right now, and I absolutely loved having this conversation with Claire. I hope you enjoy it just as much!
Connect with Claire
Website // Facebook // Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Clue app
- Thinx: sex blanket for people with periods
- Ali Wong: Hard Knock Wife
- Juliet Allen, sexologist
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
- Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for Real Talk: Live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation