Ellen Fondiler is an award-winning entrepreneur and career strategist and the creator of an interview project called ‘How Did You Do That?’.
Her credentials include a BS in Psychology from Cornell University, a JD in Law from Loyola Marymount, and decades of life experience as an educator, project manager, business owner, and mom of two amazing boys.
Ellen began her career as an attorney specializing in death penalty cases, and after practicing law for 18 years she reinvented her career and launched her first business, followed by three additional businesses and community projects—one of which raised over $5 million dollars and to date has impacted the lives of over 25,000 K-12 students.
In this episode, Ellen and I have a deep conversation about what it's looked like for her to build a meaningful life and career. We talk a lot about reinvention, which is something that Ellen has done again and again throughout her career, and she shares honest stories from being a multi-passionate person who isn't afraid to go after the things she wants most.
Ellen also talks about more personal things, such as the realities of aging, and how she's kept going after incredible pain, heartbreak, and loss in her life.
Everything she shares in this conversation is encouraging and real, and I so loved talking with Ellen. I hope you enjoy it, too!
Connect with Ellen
Website // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Heidi Rose Robbins
- How Did You Do That? interview series
- Laurie Wagner
- Designing Your Life, by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- Alexandra Franzen
- Together Rising
- Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Alice Waters
- Grit, by Angela Duckworth
- Crossing the Unknown Sea, by David Whyte
- The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- When Breath Becomes Air, by Paul Kalanithi
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for Real Talk: Live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation