Emilie Aries is a speaker, podcast host, author, and the Founder & CEO of Bossed Up, an award-winning personal and professional development community where she helps women craft happy, healthy, and sustainable career paths.
In her TED talk, The Power of No, Emilie shares how to set healthy boundaries and invest in your sustainable success. Her forthcoming book, Bossed Up: A Grown Woman's Guide To Getting Your Sh*t Together, will be released this May by Public Affairs Books, and serves as a practical roadmap for women who want to write their own come-up story, on their own terms.
In this episode, Emilie shares her own story of experiencing (and eventually overcoming) true burnout. We talk about what burnout actually is, why it tends to hit women so hard, and some ways to overcome and even prevent it.
Emilie shares so many helpful, relatable details from her own life and career journey—including what she's learned about how to be a more successful negotiator, why she used to struggle so much with people pleasing, what a sustainable career looks like, and more.
I loved this conversation, and I so appreciate Emilie's willingness to be open about the messier and more imperfect parts of her own story. I hope you enjoy this just as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Emilie
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Crude Skincare
- The Nature Fix, by Florence Williams
- How Millennials Became The Burnout Generation, by Anne Helen Petersen
- The H-Spot, by Jill Filipovic
- Mistakes I Made at Work, by Jessica Bacal
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- Switch, by Chip & Dan Heath
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!