Erynn Brook is a writer, educator, and feminist who studies media, people, culture, and storytelling. She's the creator of nicewhiteladies.com, a training zone for folks who are new to racial justice work and need a little guidance and emotional support.
In this episode, Erynn talks honestly about her experience doing anti-racism work, and why nice white ladies like her need to get involved in the fight to end systemic racism. She shares mistakes she's made along the way, resources to check out, and more in our imperfect, human conversation.
In addition, Erynn also shares personal stories from the many years she spent as an actress, and we dig into the starving artist stereotype. She also shares what it's like to have ADHD, and clears up some common misconceptions about that diagnosis.
It was such a delight to hear and learn from Erynn, and I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Erynn
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- DiDi Delgado
- The State of White Women
- White Feelings: 0- 60 for Charlottesville
- We Are What We Are
- The Guests of War, by Kit Pearson
- Ijeoma Oluo
- Killing Georgina
- Safety Pin Box
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!