Ev'Yan Whitney is a writer, sensualist, and sexuality doula—a person who helps facilitate, educate, and hold space for women who are seeking to come into the full expression of their erotic selves.
When she’s not writing or taking sexy selfies on Instagram, she’s helping women step out of sexual shame and into their erotic power via one-on-one coaching and intimacy counseling.
Ev’Yan is also the host of The Sexually Liberated Woman podcast, which is an ongoing sex-positive dialogue that highlights, celebrates, and encourages the sexually liberated woman.
In this episode, Ev'Yan shares her story of sexual liberation - how she moved from sexual trauma and disfunction into a place of healing, power, and freedom. We discuss what we were taught about sex as young girls, and how often female sexuality is seen as something that only exists for male pleasure.
She talks about the role of masturbation and of taking sexy selfies in her journey, and about the surprisingly political act of choosing to take up space in the world as a sexual being.
This conversation was incredibly affirming for me, and I hope you too enjoy getting to know Ev'Yan and hearing her stories about sex, love, and liberation.
Connect with Ev'Yan
Website // Podcast // Facebook // Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Anaïs Nin
- The Ethical Slut, by Janet W. Hardy
- Women's Anatomy of Arousal, by Sheri Winston
- Come As You Are, by Emily Nagoski
Help Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation