Faith Briggs is a self-dubbed “professional nerd,” a Brooklyn-based documentary filmmaker, passionate about sharing contemporary stories from diverse communities.
She believes that artists have a responsibility to provoke the social conscience of a society, and it's her desire to create nuanced work exploring themes of global citizenship and representation.
When she's not on an adventure with Columbia Sportswear - where she works as the Director of Toughness (yes, that's a thing and she'll tell us all about it!) - Faith can be found running trails upstate or sprinting down 5th Avenue. She’s a fixture in the urban running community and a member of the Black Roses NYC running team.
In this episode, Faith shares stories from her first few months of travel and adventure as Director of Toughness for Columbia Sportswear. We talk about the meaning of toughness, how running can lead to confidence, how to handle injuries, why love is a great motivator, why representation in art and media really matters, and so much more.
Faith's stories and perspective really touched me and made me think, and I hope the same is true for you!
Connect with Faith
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Kate Grace (season 1 guest + special edition episode)
- Andia Winslow
- On Being with Krista Tippett
- black is brown is tan, by Arnold Adoff
- On Beauty, by Zadie Smith
- Letters to a Young Poet, by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Black Faces, White Spaces, by Carolyn Finney
- Life and Times of Susie Knuckles, by Safia Elhillo
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!