Jamie Varon is a writer with an emphasis on self-love, acceptance, and the daily work of building a life that feels good.
Each week, in her popular Friday Letters series, she shares stories on those topics, and she also owns Shatterboxx, a boutique design company with a passion for creating bold branding and inventive, colorful websites.
In this episode, Jamie talks about what she learned from spending the past year living in France, and about the logistical things that made that move possible. We talk a lot about money, particularly her experiences of being the breadwinner in her marriage, and she shares stories about the evolution of her eight-year partnership with her husband, Houssem.
We also dig into an honest conversation about friendship—how our social needs have changed over the years, why it can feel hard to make friends as an adult, what we want (and don't want) from our friendships right now, and so much more.
Jamie is one of my closest friends, and it was so good to have her back on the podcast for a third time. I hope you love this conversation as much as I did!
Connect with Jamie
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!