Jessie Harrold is the founder of Nalumana Women’s Wellness, where she supports women through modern-day rites of passage, helping them make sense of and thrive in the life changes that change everything.
As a life coach, Jessie helps women shift their lives to live unapologetically in alignment with who they are, what matters most, and what’s possible. She is also a birth doula, and supports women with the transition to motherhood, including navigating their new identity as “mother.”
As a writer, Jessie has been published in Misadventures Magazine, International Doula Magazine, Huffington Post, and Inspired Coach Magazine, and is about to release her first book.
In this episode, Jessie talks about big changes and periods of transition in her life, particularly about becoming a mother and about the specific work she does to support other new mothers as a doula. We talk about the shadow side of making big changes, why change takes so much longer than we want it to, and how to be true to ourselves even as we shift and grow.
Even if you aren't a mother and never plan to become one (like me!) you'll find so many relatable truths and helpful perspectives in Jessie's stories. It was such a treat to have this conversation with her, which covers not just motherhood but entrepreneurship, outdoor adventure, reclaiming your body, and so much more.
Connect with Jessie
Website // Facebook // Instagram
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Lauren Fleshman (past episodes here and here)
- If Women Rose Rooted, by Sharon Blackie
- The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, by Sue Monk Kidd
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation