Jimanekia Eborn is a Queer Media Consultant, Comprehensive Sex Educator, and Sexual Assault & Trauma Expert.
She is the host of Trauma Queen - a podcast mini-series for survivors of assault and their allies. The podcast focuses on uplifting voices in all communities and exploring our collective journey to healing. Jimanekia is also the Founder of Tending The Garden, a healing retreat for survivors, focused on femmes of color.
In this episode, Jimanekia tells the story of how she began working as a sex educator and why the focus of her work has been on trauma, and quick content warning: there are mentions of physical and sexual violence in this conversation.
We talk about a really wide range of things though—imposter syndrome, changing paths in life, self-care vs self-soothing, and so much more.
It was wonderful to have this honest and introspective conversation with Jimanekia, and I hope you enjoy and learn from it as much as I did!
Connect with Jimanekia
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- National Organization of Sisters of Color Ending Sexual Assault
- Tending the Garden
- Ev'Yan Whitney
- Matthew McGories
- Ericka Hart
- Tempest // Holly Glenn Whitaker
- The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel A. van der Kolk
- Pleasure Activism, by adrienne maree brown
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to:
- Bonus episodes
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- ... and so much more!
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!