Kate Swoboda - aka Kate Courageous - is a triathlete, creator of YourCourageousLife.com, Director of the Courageous Living Coach Certification at TeamCLCC.com and author of The Courage Habit: How to Accept Your Fears, Release the Past, and Live Your Courageous Life. She helps individuals, teams, and companies see where old, fear-based habits have limited what’s possible, so that they can start creating more courageous lives by getting into “the courage habit,” a four-part process for behavioral and organizational change.
Kate has appeared in MindBodyGreen, Entrepreneur, USA Today, Forbes, Business Insider, and more, and her website was named a top-50 blog for happiness by Greatist. She’s spoken at conferences and seminars on the topic of courage as it relates to personal development, releasing overwhelm, business and marketing, money mindset, wellness, increasing emotional resilience, and healthy goal-setting using habit-formation techniques.
In this episode, Kate breaks down the ways in which courage is a habit that can be built and strengthened, and she shares tons of personal, vulnerable examples from her own life and business. We talk about the different manifestations of fear that she's experienced in various areas of her life - as a triathlete, entrepreneur, and mom, and she talks honestly about everything from perfectionism and time management to the ways in which she's defined success for herself.
I so loved this conversation with Kate, and I hope you do, too!
Connect with Kate
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- The Challenge Day organization
- Courageous Living Coach Certification
- When Things Fall Apart, by Pema Chödrön
- There is Nothing Wrong With You, by Cheri Huber
- The 4-Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss
- Danielle LaPorte
- The Body is Not an Apology, by Sonya Renee Taylor
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!