Keah Brown is a journalist and writer whose work has appeared in Harpers Bazaar, Essence, Catapult, Teen Vogue, Lenny Letter and elsewhere.
She is currently a senior entertainment writer at Cliché Magazine - a premier digital fashion magazine that highlights pop culture, fashion trends, celebrities, beauty, and more.
In this episode, Keah tells the story of when and why she started the #DisabledandCute hashtag, and she goes into detail about the lack of disability representation in the media, entertainment, and pop culture. She shares what she'd love to see happen - both in terms of representation and from the able-bodied population at large - and she also shares the personal side of her own body acceptance evolution.
From there, we talk about everything from celebrity crushes to feeling jealous of your sibling to Keah's recent successes as a writer, including the book she just sold.
I absolutely loved this conversation - Keah is brilliant and delightful - and I hope you get as much joy from listening to her as I did.
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Keah
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Roxane Gay Wants You to See Fat People as Humans, by Keah Brown
- Alex Slater
- Get To Work Book
- Passion Planner
- Lilly Singh
- Dear Mr Henshaw, by Beverly Cleary
- Hunger, by Roxane Gay
- The Border of Paradise, by Esmé Weijun Wang
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!