Kenya Jackson-Saulters, MS is a master workshop facilitator, certified reiki master, and four-time published self-help author who is known for her unique brand of nontraditional self-help.
Most recently, she has blended the health benefits of exercise, meditation and writing to form a custom personal development experience for women called The Outdoor Journal Tour, which provides clarity, healing, and connection.
Kenya has been an advocate for personal discovery through writing for roughly 10 years, and she's also a TEDx speaker alumni.
In this episode, Kenya tells us all about the work she does as a healing practitioner. We talk about the different modalities she specializes in (like reiki) as well as the evolution of both her spirituality and career from childhood to now. She shares details of her daily spiritual practice, favorite journaling prompts, and so much more.
We also talk about The Outdoor Journal Tour, of course, which is the meditative outdoors experience that Kenya created with her wife, Michelle, and which I was lucky enough to attend myself earlier this fall.
We cover so much in this conversation—mental health, healing, belonging—and on the other side of it I honestly feel like I have more tools for my own wellness and care. I'm so grateful to Kenya for that, and I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did!
Connect with Kenya
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Kenya's TEDx talk
- The Journal of Mindful Movement
- The Nap Ministry
- Buddhist Boot Camp, by Timber Hawkeye
- Acts of Faith, by Iyanla Vanzant
- You're a Badass at Making Money, by Jen Sincero
- Tony Baker Comedy
- Abraham Hicks
- The Gifts of Imperfection, by Dr Brené Brown
- Change Your Thought, Change Your Life, by Wayne Dyer
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!