Laura Hughes is a part-time traveler and full-time creative, seeking inspiration on the road and through the voices of others.
She's the host and co-producer of the Women On The Road podcast, and she's also an outdoor retreat and excursion photographer, which means you'd be hard-pressed to find her without either a camera or an audio recorder in hand at any given moment. When Laura's not traveling in her self-converted camper van, you'll find her happy in Moab, Utah.
In this episode, Laura goes into detail about what her life on the road is really like. She talks about her decision to pursue full-time travel, what it was like to build out a van with her former partner, as well the split from that partner that lead her to build her own van and set out solo on the road.
I'm going through some similar transition in my own life, and I'm in the beginning stages of building a van myself, so of course I loved talking with Laura. But even if you aren't into van life or long-term travel, so much of what she says about fear, being a beginner, starting where you are, and being brave will surely resonate.
Connect with Laura
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- She Explores
- Gale Straub
- Women on the Road podcast
- Rumpl blankets
- Abby Hearn, adventure photographer
- The Desire Map, by Danielle LaPorte
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for Real Talk: Live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!