Dr Laurie Santos is a Professor of Psychology and the Head of Silliman College at Yale University.
After observing a disturbing level of unhappiness and anxiety among her students, she began teaching a course entitled "Psychology and the Good Life," which quickly became the most popular course in Yale's history and has also reached over 350,000 people from all over the world through an online version. Her new podcast, The Happiness Lab, explores this topic in detail as well.
In this episode, Laurie shares the science behind what we can actually do to improve our happiness and well-being. She debunks myths of things we wrongly think will make us happy, replacing them with simple tools that are proven to have a real impact.
It was such a treat to learn from Laurie in this conversation, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Connect with Laurie
Podcast: The Happiness Lab // Twitter
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Courtney Carver, Project 333
- How To Break Up With Your Phone, by Catherine Price
- The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!
Join the Conversation