Lu Uhrich is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach, Body Image Mentor and Life Coach. She helps clients worldwide to grow in self-awareness, find food freedom and practice body love. She hosts the Untamed Podcast, and she has written for various publications on the topics of disordered eating recovery, personal development, and body image.
In this episode, Lu tells the personal story of her disordered eating, which eventually lead her to the powerful work she's doing today. We talk about shame, the oppressive nature of dieting, beauty, and fitness ideals, why you might still be dieting even if you think you aren't, plus the reasoning behind some of Lu's favorite advice: change your clothes, not your body.
We talk about other things as well, like parenting, marriage (and what it was like for her to get married quite young), her religious upbringing, how she learned to question what she's been taught, and lots more.
Lu is a kind, wonderful person and an honest, no BS storyteller, and it was such a treat to finally have her on the show. I hope you love this episode as much as I do!
Connect with Lu
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- You're Probably Still Dieting, by Lu Uhrich
- Asking For It, by Louise O'Neill
- Self-Compassion, by Kristin Neff
- Health at Every Size, by Linda Bacon
- Body of Truth, by Harriet Brown
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!