Marielle Hall is an American Track and Field athlete who specializes in the 5,000-meter and 10,000-meter race distances.
She competed in the Women's 5000 meters event at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, as well as the Women's 10,000 meters final at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio. A two-time NCAA All-American, Marielle is now a Nike sponsored athlete and a member of the Bowerman Track Club.
In this episode, Marielle shares details and stories from the ups and downs of her life as a runner. We talk about what drives her, how she moves past disappointment, what it was like to compete at the Olympics, plus her goal-setting strategy and how she handles everything from imposter syndrome to comparison.
Even if you aren't interested in running, so much of what Marielle shares about surrender, finding freedom in structure, and the importance of being honest with yourself is so applicable and helpful. I loved this conversation, and I hope you enjoy listening in!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Marielle
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!