Melissa A. Fabello is a feminist writer and speaker whose work focuses on body politics, beauty culture, and eating disorders.
She is currently a doctoral candidate in Human Sexuality Studies, and she also works as a freelance digital content strategist, helping individuals and organizations who work in the fields of body image, feminism, and/or sexuality with everything from editorial direction and social media to press strategy and market research.
And for five years, Melissa was a Managing Editor at Everyday Feminism, one of the largest independent feminist media websites in the world.
In this episode, Melissa and I dig into both feminism and body acceptance, and she shares one honest story and powerful truth bomb after another about topics that are often uncomfortable, taboo, or misunderstood - like thin privilege and our obsession with "health" as it relates to body size.
She also shares how her graduate-level study of Human Sexuality has impacted her own sex life, and we talk about non-monogamy, dating, and more.
I'm beyond grateful to have had this conversation with Melissa, as her work has impacted me enormously over the past year, and I hope you get as much from it as I did!
Connect with Melissa
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Everyday Feminism
- Melissa's Radical Body Politics Twitter list
- The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
- The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Giver, by Lois Lowry
- The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!