Molly Woodstock is a queer, genderqueer, mixed race, vegan journalist who lives in Portland with a cat named after nutritional yeast.
A native Oregonian, Molly writes and edits articles for Travel Portland and Portland Monthly Magazine, and they also produce and host Gender Reveal, a podcast that centers nonbinary and trans voices.
In this episode, Molly gives us a mini crash-course in Gender 101. What is gender? What are some of the myths and misconceptions? Where is our social conditioning about gender holding us back from seeing and respecting everyone on every point of the gender spectrum?
As a self-described “white-passing mixed person, cis-passing nonbinary person, and gay-ish person with a male partner”, Molly talks candidly about their experience of living between the binaries.
We also dig into a conversation about asexuality, and how it, like gender, is also a spectrum. I’m so grateful for Molly's insights and stories about this, since it seems like asexuality is a sexual identity that’s often really misunderstood (if not completely erased) from public discussions about sex and sexuality.
This conversation was so honest and important, and I hope that you enjoy getting to know Molly as much as I did!
Connect with Molly
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- The Adventure Zone podcast
- Lacy Davis (Season 7 guest)
- Smash Everything podcast
- Food Empowerment Project
- Theo Chocolate
- All About Love: New Visions, by bell hooks
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!