Muffy J Davis is a working class queer femme, a writer, a podcaster, a person who has recovered from an eating disorder, and a long distance hiker.
She wrote a book called Ink in Water: An Illustrated Memoir (Or, How I Kicked Anorexia’s Ass and Embraced Body Positivity), formerly hosted a podcast called Flex Your Heart Radio, and for many years she wrote a blog about health and wellness called Super Strength Health.
In this episode, which covers such a wonderfully wide range of topics, Muffy tells us the story of all the significant changes she has made in her life over the past few years: getting divorced, walking away from a business and career, filing for bankruptcy, changing her name, recovering from illness, restarting a new career path, and more.
Muffy is one of the most relentlessly honest storytellers I know, and this episode feels like the highest and clearest representation of what I originally envisioned when I first started this podcast. I can't wait for you to hear all that Muffy has to share, and I know for sure that you'll walk away feeling equal parts comforted and lit up with possibility.
Connect with Muffy
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Muffy's previous appearance on RTR
- The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy, by Deb Dana
- Love Without Emergency, by Clementine Morrigan
- Trash, by Dorothy Allison
- Intuitive Eating, by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Health at Every Size, by Linda Bacon
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to:
- Bonus episodes
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- ... and so much more!
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!