Noël Russell is a first generation American, born and raised in California, and ever since she could walk, she’s spent every second of her free time romping in the mountains. These days, you'll often find her camped in the backcountry, hiking along a trail, or traveling around the Sierra Nevada in a converted campervan with her husband and their two rescue mutts.
In this episode, Noël talks candidly about why and how she and her husband travel part-time in their van while maintaining a small home base and full-time jobs. Speaking of jobs, Noël is in a period of transition right now, having recently moved from social service and a fulfilling career working in homeless shelters to freelance creative work, and she talks all about that in this conversation.
We talk about defining success for yourself, taking the pressure off any one thing or person to meet all your needs, and how living your values isn't always a sexy thing to do.
Noël is one of my favorite Instagram follows, and I absolutely loved this conversation. I hope you enjoy it just as much!
Connect with Noël
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- On Beauty and Being Just, by Elanie Scarry
- Dog Songs, by Mary Oliver
- My First Summer in the Sierra, by John Muir
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!