Roz Savage is the first (and so far only) woman to row solo across the world’s “Big Three” oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian. She holds four Guinness World Records, and was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to fundraising and the environment.
Rowing solo across entire oceans was an unexpected career move for a former management consultant who doesn’t particularly enjoy exercise. She was inspired to brave the oceans when she realized two things: 1) we are all capable of much more than we tend to believe we are, and 2) we need to make some changes if we're going to live healthy lives on a thriving planet. So she used her voyages to expand her own limits, and to promote sustainable living.
She now writes, speaks, and lectures on sustainability, courage, resilience, and change.
In this episode, Roz tells the story of how she changed her life and became a solo ocean rower. We talk about change, fear, pain, and the traps of comfort that can so easily keep us stuck. Her honesty about what it's like to undertake huge challenges alone, what she learned, how she handles fear, and where she finds motivation was powerful for me to hear about, and I hope you enjoy her stories just as much!
Connect with Roz
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, by Robert M. Pirsig
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
- The Celestine Prophecy, by James Redfield
- Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn
- Beyond Civilization, by Danial Quinn
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!