Shani Silver is a writer and podcast host working to change the way that being single is seen in the world.
Both her writing and her show, A Single Serving Podcast, seek to create content for single women that's about way more than dating.
In this episode, Shani tells us the story of how she was single and miserable for an entire decade until she changed her belief system and decided to stop waiting for a partner in order to live her most fulfilling life.
She talks about the shifts that helped her get there, the actions she took (including deleting her dating apps, which we talk about in detail), and so much more. She shares about the supposed contradiction between loving being single while still wanting romantic partnership—which actually isn't a contradiction at all.
We dive into reframing jealousy, why we need to celebrate the lives of single people the way we celebrate couples, and lots more, and I'm so grateful to Shani for all that she shared.
It was such a treat to have Shani as a guest, and I hope you enjoy, learn from, and feel comforted by this conversation as much as I did!
Connect with Shani
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Open Book, by Jessica Simpson
- Lacy Phillips
- Bella DePaulo
- Better than Sane, by Allison Rose
- Alison Roman
- Half Baked Harvest
- The Insanity of Being Single
- Are Single People the New Gladiators?
- My Coffee Table Almost Killed Me & Other Single Girl Realities
- Flash Pack
- How To Stop Hating Being Single
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $1+ per episode!) and get immediate access to:
- Bonus episodes
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- ... and so much more!
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!